Instrumental Music Lessons
- All lessons are scheduled weekly.
- Students may enrol in either group or individual lessons.
- Lessons are scheduled during class time on a rotating timetable to avoid regularly missing the same class.
- VCE students have a fixed lesson time during one of their study periods.
- It is expected that all students enrolled in instrumental lessons will participate in at least one of the ensembles on offer.
Group Lessons | $525 | Group lessons are scheduled with 2 – 3 students for a half period, or 4 – 5 students for a full period. Decisions on numbers and groupings are made by instrumental teachers and are based on student ability and needs.
Individual Half Period Lessons (25 minutes) | $1,000 | Half period lessons are recommended for students who have already been learning for 3 – 4 years, or for those wanting more personalised direction.
Individual Full period Lessons (50 minutes) | $2,000 | Full period lessons are recommended for advanced students preparing for mid to high level exams (Grade 4 +) and strongly recommended for students studying VCE Music Performance or Music Investigation.
Music Theory | $325 | Music Theory lessons provide students with the opportunity to focus on the development of their theoretical knowledge. Students work through the AMEB Theory Syllabus and/or the VCE Outcome 3 Music Language curriculum as required. Students are scheduled into groups of 3 – 5 based on their theory level and all lessons run for a half period.
Music Theory: Advanced | $400 | Students completing higher level exams can request shared lessons (groups of 2). Where there may not be an option for shared lessons, students can be allocated an individual lesson (subject to availability) at no extra cost.
How to enrol for 2021
There are two rounds of enrolments for the 2021 program. Both rounds use the online enrolment form.
First Round Enrolments
Instrumental Music Lesson enrolments will open on Monday 12th October 2020 and close at 3pm Friday 27th November 2020 to enable the teacher allocation and timetabling process to commence.
To guarantee your position and have your preferences prioritised, we recommend completing your enrolment in the first round. We also strongly recommend families of VCE students complete their enrolments in the first round.
Second Round Enrolments
Enrolments will reopen from Monday 14th December 2020 for families that missed the first round and remain open until 3pm Friday 29th January 2021.
No enrolments will be processed over the summer break (Saturday 19th December 2020 – Tuesday 26th January 2021). Processing will recommence on Wednesday 27th January 2021.
Enrolment confirmation and payment
All enrolments will receive an email receipt to confirm that the online form has been lodged. You will then be notified that your enrolment has been successfully processed via Compass during the dates listed below. This notification will include payment details to confirm your enrolment in the program.
|Processing Confirmation||Payment Due By|
|First Round||Mon 30th Nov – Fri 4th Dec 2020||Mon 14th Dec 2020|
|Second Round||By Fri 29th Feb 2021||Before lessons commence|
- Payment can be made in full or via instalments
- Instalments are split into four payments, with the first payment due as per the dates above
- The remaining three instalments will be scheduled in February, April, and June of 2021 on the 14th of each month.
- Full payment of fees or the first installment are required before lessons commence to confirm your enrolment.
- All payments are managed through your school Compass account
- Once payment is received, students’ lessons will appear in their Compass timetable at the beginning of Term 1.
- Fees are non-refundable once payment has been made.
For all financial matters please contact the Business Manager Mich Westlake via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.